Sunday 15 April 2012

Helmet Final

The helmet proved to be a challenge for me, each step of the way there was a new problem I had to overcome. Firstly, it was hard to model because of all the weird shapes, I hadn't modeled anything quite like it before. Then when I had to prepare it for Mudbox I ran into problems. I ended up having to remodel some of it because Mudbox didn't like it, but after that it was a much better model. Then when I was sculpting it in Mudbox it was tough because there was a lot of crevices than were hard to get at. The only part that went smooth with the helmet was the texturing, I didn't run into any problems.

In the end I really like how the helmet turned out though, it might be my favorite part of the armor.


 Base model
 With normal map
 With normal map and textures
 Side
Back

No comments:

Post a Comment